::NAV BAR::

home about shop tutorials style recipes

Friday, September 23, 2011

Autumn...Inspire me.

Well, it's been awhile since I've made a post. I had one in my drafts entitled Uninspired, which sort of explains my lack of activity on the technology front. That, and I've been a little bit busy. We went to L.A. last weekend for a marriage conference! 14 people (seven couples) from our tiny little home-based fellowship flew out to L.A. where our friends live while they go to school. I loved California! I'll post pictures from our trip sometime soon.

Back to being uninspired...yeah, that's how I've felt lately. In the post I never published I blamed it on the state our office/craft room is in {a wreck}; however, I could easily fix that dilemma by cleaning up and organizing it so I don't think that's what it is. I think it's a mixture of laziness and a creative funk. I really am excited about my sleep mask idea, I just haven't had the desire to do it yet. Do you ever feel that way? Like you want to do something but at the same time you don't want to? Almost like you can't?

Thanks to the weather finally changing I'm being inspired elsewhere. Whenever Autumn comes around I think of pretty wreaths adorning front doors, the leaves changing colors, pumpkins, crisp cool air, apple pies, pumpkin pies, scarves etc. I'd really like to make a wreath for our front door so I've taken a look at Pinterest for some ideas.

Look at this awesome leaf bunting tutorial! I think I need to make this for my fireplace mantel. Totally not a wreath but is worthy of sharing!


I'd really love to make a yarn wreath. I think they're so pretty! This one looks more Christmas-y but I loved the birdy so much. Wouldn't it look awesome in fall colors? & maybe do felt leaves or flowers instead of the holly bush outline? And a miniature bunting that says welcome in the top left portion (saw this on another wreath on Pinterest.)



I think this one is my favorite because I know it will pop from the street. I love the colors as it is but it reminds me more of Spring so I'd definitely go for more earth tones or maybe not, I don't know!



Maybe I'll get my booty in gear and get the office organized this weekend. Hopefully, I'll make a wreath while I'm at it. Yep, that'd make me happy.

What do you do to get yourself out of a creative funk? Please do share! I think it would help me. :)

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! I love hearing from you and making new friends! :)