::NAV BAR::

home about shop tutorials style recipes

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Making it Ours.

I live in a quiet little neighborhood that's fairly new and isn't quite finished, it's in a standstill due to the economy; lots of empty lots and a few foundations that haven't been built upon. This is our first home, I loved it when we first walked in and I still do it's just not what I've been dreaming of. This is definitely not our final home but while we are here we want to make it the best it can be for us.

There are a few changes we plan to make in the next couple of years (I'm hoping in just one year)
1. Back deck expansion. We have a wooden deck that I really don't see the point of. You literally walk out onto it just to go down the steps into the back yard. We want to expand out so that we can actually use it and enjoy it rather than just pass over it.
2. Hardwood floors (at least in the living room and hallway). Carpet is just gross. Especially if you have pets. All it does is trap dirt and germs. Yuck.
3. New front door or paint the one we have a different color.
4. Front porch. At the moment it is pretty much non-existant. We do however have a rather large flower bed that we plan on downsizing by turning part of it into a small porch, large enough for a couple chairs or bench and a small table.

I've been looking at different front door ideas via google.

I used photovisi to make an inspiration board. I like all of these doors for different reasons, shape color, windows, etc. 


Of course our shutters will have to change as well. Right now our front door and shutters are both a dark grey or at least they're supposed to be. The sun has bleached the shutters to a light grey. I have to say I'm most excited about the changes to the front of our house at the moment. It will look totally different! Now we just have to find the look that we both like.

Here you can see a little bit of our door behind Noah.



...And our non-existent porch. Off to the right is where we will add a small one. 

That's all for now. I'll be posting more of my little dreams in the near future.

-Mandy

1 comment:

  1. Red doors are good! I saw a great teal one that was glazed it looked so awesome! It was on a blog.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I love hearing from you and making new friends! :)