::NAV BAR::

home about shop tutorials style recipes

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Inspiration Workshop Week #13 {Favorite Color}


I think this is only the second time I've had a chance to link up with Gussy. And I'm so excited about this one because it's all about color! Here is the prompt from Gussy's blog:
THE PROMPT ~
This week’s prompt is YOUR FAVORITE COLOR. When you think about that phrase, do you think of a memory that involves your favorite color? Do you think about your home that is bursting with your favorite color? Do you think about beige, which is secretly your favorite color?! {tee hehe}

Sorry guys, I can't pick just one favorite color! So I decided I'll share my favorite color to decorate with, to see/be around, and to wear! That's three colors y'all.

First up: Sea Foam Green or light Turquoise 

UM hello! My name is Mandy, and I'm obsessed with this color, I can't help myself. Anytime I see any kind of decoration that's sea foam green or a variation of it I instantly fall in love. It's really bad you guys. My couch and comfy chair are that color, the paintings in my living room have it in them, I have candle holders and accent decorations ALL in sea foam green. I haven't taken it over board YET but it's getting close.


The birdie and the candle holder were purchased from two different flea market trips. You can read about the bird & some other great thrifted finds here. I love flea markets. Did you notice that even the dogs' bed matches?!

Next up: Green, the color of nature.

I'd like to find a place like this on a hike.


{via}


Or have someone handsome, named Dallas {<--that's the dude I'm married to aka the father of my child}, row me around in this boat Notebook style. :)


{via}


If this was my tree I'd build a treehouse in it just for me to read books in.


{via}


& Lastly: I LoOve Cream/White shirts.


I have this really thin, linen white flow-y top from target that I love. It's probably my favorite shirt because I wear it a lot and I've had it for a few years now. I wore it yesterday actually. I have a similar one that's 3/4 sleeved from Old Navy. I also have a sleeveless one that I never wear. The shirt has no shape but I hold on to it because I like it on the hanger and still hope that maybe someday I'll actually like it on, or find a different way to wear it. I found a few other shirts on pinterest that caught my eye....


{via here, here, here, & here}


I think I like white/cream tops so much because you can get really creative with your accessories and outer wear. It's like a blank canvas!


What is your favorite color? And how does it inspire you?!


Happy Thursday!


-Mandy


Gussy

6 comments:

  1. The cream & white tops are fabulous. Love them!
    Great Inspiration.
    Stopping by from Gussy Sew's!
    Shelly xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite color is pink. I do love a nice crisp, white top too. You can be chic without even really trying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love your post and ALL your colors!! I really really love your green inspiration photos! So beautiful!!
    (and thanks for stopping by my blog today!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Natassia! I'm following you now and grabbing your button, I really enjoyed looking at your crafty posts. :)
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi mandy! the yarn wreath is super easy to make, but can take a bit of time to wrap the yarn all around it, especially depending on the size of the wreath. i just pull something up on hulu and wrap! (: i love your bird... and all the pictures of the green scenery?! makes me want to put on a dress, tuck flowers in my hair, and explore! (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Shelly! I want to visit your blog but for some reason when I click on your name it says that Safari can't find the server. :(

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I love hearing from you and making new friends! :)